Welcome to the Black Microbiologists Association (BMA) Talent Network!
The purpose of this network is to facilitate connection. Your communication with individual members is independent of BMA and they engage on their own behalf. If you are seeking to connect with BMA organizational leadership, please contact us here.
We are professionals and deserve to be compensated for our expertise. Black scientists face an existing pay gap across STEM fields and are often asked to do unpaid diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) labor in addition to their existing obligations. Please be transparent about compensation or the lack thereof in your initial contact.
If you are a Black microbiologist who would like to be added to the network, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply here for BMA membership.
How To Use This Site
To get started:
- Register using the link you received in your email, and fill out the form to create a username and set a password.
- Fill out as much or as little profile information as you want, you can edit later.
- After registering, you will receive an activation email at the account you used to register. Check your spam folder if you don’t see it in your inbox. If you do not receive an email within 24 hours, send a message to talent[at]blackinmicrobiology[dot]org
- After you confirm your account, you will receive another email with additional instructions and information on completing your profile and uploading a headshot.
Updating Your Profile
After logging in, complete the rest of your profile information and upload a photo.
In the main navigation menu, navigate to “MY PROFILE.” You will land on the About Me screen. This screen may be empty, depending on how much information you filled out when you signed up. You can click to the “edit” icon to change the info on this page. You can also click the dropdown icon on your profile photo for more options.
Fill out basic info about yourself, including your name, pronouns, and job title.
Education & Career
Fill out info about your education, career, and interests,
Establish how and where you wanted to be contacted.
Add your social media profiles.
- Skills: Add any relevant skills.
- Quote: Add a quote, yours or someone else’s.
- Link: Link to an article, journal, video, etc.
Get In Touch
If you have issues navigating this site or editing your profile, fill out the form below.