Welcome to the Black Microbiologists Association (BMA) Talent Network!
The purpose of this network is to facilitate connection. Your communication with individual members is independent of BMA and they engage on their own behalf. If you are seeking to connect with BMA organizational leadership, please contact us here.
We are professionals and deserve to be compensated for our expertise. Black scientists face an existing pay gap across STEM fields and are often asked to do unpaid diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) labor in addition to their existing obligations. Please be transparent about compensation or the lack thereof in your initial contact.
If you are a Black microbiologist who would like to be added to the network, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply here for BMA membership.
How To Use This Site
Note: You do not need to sign up to view the Member Directory at this time. Simply navigate to the directory to view our members and their profiles. Use their provided contact information to get in touch.
To get started:
- Fill out the application form here.
- You must agree to the Code of Conduct.
- If you are an existing member of BMA, use the same email you originally signed up with.
- Your application will be reviewed. Once approved, you will receive an email with additional details.
Updating Your Profile
After logging in, complete your profile and upload a photo.
- In the main navigation menu, navigate to USER > MY PROFILE.
- You will land on the ABOUT ME screen (in profile settings). This screen is where you input details about you, your work, and your education. You can click to the “edit” icon to change the info on this page. Member profiles are publicly viewable, you can toggle privacy (view) settings on most fields. You can also click the dropdown icon on your profile photo for more options.
Fill out basic info about yourself, including your name, pronouns, and job title.
Education & Career
Fill out info about your education, career, and interests,
Establish how and where you wanted to be contacted.
Add your social media profiles.
Add any relevant skills.
Add a quote, yours or someone else’s.
Link to an article, journal, video, etc.
Email & Password
Update your login information.
Update your notification settings. (Not currently in use.)
Request a backup of the data you’ve entered on this site.
You can make your account private which hides your profile from the Member Directory.
Get In Touch
If you have issues navigating this site or editing your profile, fill out the form below.